de profundis

Thursday 15 January 2009

027

like one of my favourites things about topshop.com is the 'collections' section. if any of you aren't familiar (which i doubt :)!), this is a little section where they are kind enough to sum up predicted trends or themes for the coming months, and include links to items of clothing that fit that trend.

since i have spent the whole week in my school uniform, i unfortunatley have to no exciting pictures to show you! but, i was browsing the topshop website today at school (AND BY THAT I MEAN REVISING, OF COURSE) and i thought i might as well show you my take on some of the collections they have up there -- especially seeing as there are some new ones. i'll start with the older winter ones, and then we can all excitedly look forward to summer dressing :D


when i read this description, i was really excited! but in actuality i don't really love most of these clothes and it was a struggle to pick one i'd really really wear in real real life, so i think this is what my alter-ego would wear! :)
i do love that skirt - but, having tried it on recently, it actually looks really weird on me.
sad times :(

by far and above my least favourite trend. leotards don't look good on anybody over size six and just... just no. i never really saw the appeal of this :) this dress/vest/thingy was the only thing i thought i might wear but, really? i don't think i'd pay actual money for it.


i didn't think i was going to like this anywhere near as much as i did! shorts and boots takes me back to this summer, and i actually really like that t-shirt! and i NEVER like printed t-shirts :)


but this was my favourite by far. i'm in LOVE with everything on this page - especially the shoes & the shorts! i keep trying to pick which one i prefer :D

i'm usually far better at winter dressing (which is fortunate, given our truly epic winters and dismal summers here in the united states of kingdom) but those last two collections have got me all excited for summer. i can't wait to take my dog for long walks in the evenings, i can't wait to go on long car journeys to new places with my boyfriend, i can't wait to spend weeks and weeks without homework, i can't wait to drink more diet coke than is feasibly possible and, more than that, i can't wait to not have to wear three pairs of tights at once! :)

which do you prefer, summer or winter?

15 Comments:

Blogger DaisyChain said...

I am so much better at summer dressing, or well, spring maybe. I hate winter.

15 January 2009 at 10:18  
Blogger Raquel said...

Oh my favourite is also the Glory days one! from the dress to the shoes, the bag and the shorts!! adorable! I am really sad we don't have topshop here and can't also buy online :/
I guess I prefer winter dressing because we can make much mre combinations, but also love spring clothing!
xx

15 January 2009 at 12:01  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

Hello there :)

I like the Circus collection very much!

Btw, The Stiletto Effect has a new home. Can you please change your link to www.thestilettoeffect.com

Thanks
xoxo
Su

15 January 2009 at 12:13  
Blogger DaisyChain said...

Haha, yeah I was amazed at how cheap the New Look tee was,
and I tried it on just now and it's a really nice fit as well! I went a size up and it hangs gorgeously.

15 January 2009 at 13:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh i love the shoes in the last one! and the bag!
x

15 January 2009 at 14:12  
Blogger Britney said...

I love the "glory days" one! It's very pretty. :)

15 January 2009 at 16:15  
Blogger Baybay Mama said...

I love Topshop. I think they opened one here in NYC but I have yet to go to it!

15 January 2009 at 19:05  
Blogger Kira Aderne said...

I love winter!
here, where i live, the winter is not so cold, so it´s a great time!

A KISS AND a hug,
Thanks a lot for passing by!

see you,
Kira

16 January 2009 at 05:29  
Blogger Melmo Momoko said...

oh the grey dress is so cute. love it!

16 January 2009 at 07:57  
Blogger Song of Style said...

i agree with u! i heart it! and i prefer summer!
ah, can't wait till summer

16 January 2009 at 21:20  
Blogger Ana said...

So jealous of Topshop. Unfortunately the dollar is weak and the shipping expensive.

17 January 2009 at 03:33  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually LOVE the top in the circus collection, want ittt!

I should buy some of the 'work it' collection to help my gym visits become more stylish haha. Gym clothes are yucky in my experience!

I will say that i prefer summer dressing... I love being able to just pout on a dress and a cardigan, and not worry that i'll get cold! Also, i just don't dress very well in winter I could do with a lesson or 2!

- Katie x

P.S My little troll, Puff, was bought from Trolltracks on Etsy!

17 January 2009 at 15:39  
Blogger j. said...

I dont really have a choice.. haha.. as its a year round summer for moi. hehe.. ;-) I love the 'work it' and 'glory days' sections the most.. ;-)

xo

V

17 January 2009 at 17:35  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love these looks, esp. the poufy purple skirt!

xoxox,
CC

18 January 2009 at 07:19  
Blogger Raquel said...

Hi darling!
tagged!

1.Go to the fourth folder in your computer where you store your pictures
2.Pick the fourth picture in that folder
3.Explain the picture
4.Tag four people to do the same.
xx

19 January 2009 at 10:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home