de profundis

Wednesday 7 January 2009

025

my favourite kind of blog posts are always the ones that AREN'T totally to do with fashion, or anything like that. i adore little insights into peoples lives, little glimpses of how strangers have their days, and i think there's no better look into who a person is than by seeing their bag, or their bedroom, or, indeed their clothes! but having been recently inspired, i decided i might as well do a bag post of my own!

BUT, i rarely carry one bag, and am forever mixing things up - so expect a fairly image heavy post! :)

so! these are the bags that i use most often! from left to right - an adorable penguin backpack from accessorize (kids), a vintage balmain bag, vintage clutch, tweed accessorize bag, nica bag, and a nautical-inspired bag that i got for my birthday, and thus have no idea where it's from!

i couldn't pick a favourite out of these, as they all sort of fit a different aspect of my personality, i think! i love my balmain bag, but never actually use it because it's such an awkward length, and i never use the penguin backpack either because... well, i'm not four :D it's also pretty rare that i use my clutch, as i'm terrified of losing it! my tweed accessorize bag gets used alot, as it goes with pretty much anything, and it's the perfect size for school.

these are a few things i always carry with me! pictured are my phone, my ipod, a shakespeare notebook, two parker pens, and four books! a thomas hardy poetry collection, a moveable feast by ernest hemingway, against nature by huysmans, and, naturally, a picture of dorian gray by none other than my beloved oscar wilde :D

i always carry several books with me, because i never know what i'll want to read! and i'm always afraid that i'll finish one and then have nothing to do! a moveable feast is my current travelling book, so i read that on the bus to school every morning. it makes me look well smart :D

i don't go anywhere without my phone!

a few other bits and bobs! one of my new years resolutions is to start drinking more water, so i force myself to put a bottle of water in my bag every morning. also pictured are some mints, a hairbrush, some purses (naturally, i only ever use one of these), a snoopy keyring that my boyfriend got me, a little bit of make up, an umbrella (this is england after all) and a lovely mirror that my friend got me.

it's becoming increasingly rare for me to wear make up, but when i do it's usually only a little bit of concealer, mascara, and benetint! which is a god-send, by the far. i always carry the keyring with me, as i love it, and i use a different purse pretty much everytime i go out. pictured are two accessorize purses (the clasp ones) and a matthew williamson one, which makes me feel all important and organised :D

mints are an absolute neccessity for me - as i completely loathe chewing gum. it's disgusting - what kind of person thinks to themself, 'hey, i'd really like to chew on something rubbery and tasteless that has absolutely no nutritional value whilst the rest of the world starves! and if it clogs up the paths and makes me look mindless and disinterested, even better!'?

what couldn't you leave home without? naturally, all this stuff doesn't usually fit in my bag! so, on your average day, i tend to only carry a book or two, my phone, my keyring and my purse :)

in other news, i'm thinking of doing some book reviews & things? this was never intended to be a fashion blog, & since i'm not so good at the whole fashion business, i'd like to move it more towards things that i am interested in. what do you think? what would you like to see?

10 Comments:

Blogger DaisyChain said...

I love your penguin backpack! I have the little penguin coin purse =)

7 January 2009 at 11:04  
Blogger Raquel said...

I have always my phone (except when the batery is down and i leave it charging), my keys and money purse. Some other things too but those are my basics ;)
xx

7 January 2009 at 11:16  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey ! I love your blog ! :)

7 January 2009 at 23:37  
Blogger Melmo Momoko said...

oh i love your bunny! it's so cute and cuddly!

9 January 2009 at 09:18  
Blogger Ana said...

Everything in your room looks so cosy and nice. I love that you carry a Shakespeare notebook around.

10 January 2009 at 04:08  
Blogger donna said...

I enjoyed this post. =)

10 January 2009 at 06:07  
Blogger donna said...

already deleted your comment from your secret blog account. thanks for linking! (^_^)

11 January 2009 at 07:45  
Blogger Amber Parkin said...

Beautiful! I always destroy bags because I carry so many books around... the weight always strains them. This is a beautiful blog post <3

11 January 2009 at 18:25  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Sweet post - love that last pic!

xoxox,
CC

12 January 2009 at 08:03  
Blogger Elena said...

Your pics never fail to impress me!
Love your bag collection!

14 January 2009 at 13:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home